Edgard FJR

Default Writing in Chinese

I'm writing in chinese(Taiwan) trough Microsoft New Fonetic IME 2002A.
In the fonetic guide the tone (in the rubi text) is in the true position but
in the window (seeing mode) as in the document text, its appear 90º degrees
turned.
How can I correct this?

gap

Do you have the "italics" button (on the formatting toolbar, also found in
the font drop down menu) turned on? If so, highlight all text with that font
and turn it off.

Hope this helps.

gap
--
"Edgard FJR" wrote:

I'm writing in chinese(Taiwan) trough Microsoft New Fonetic IME 2002A.
In the fonetic guide the tone (in the rubi text) is in the true position but
in the window (seeing mode) as in the document text, its appear 90º degrees
turned.
How can I correct this?

Edgard FJR

The tones are this symbols (ˇˊˋ) that are used besides the fonetic symbol in
chinese. When you put them on the rigth side (vertical position), they rotate
90º.
The (ˊ) becomes (ˋ), the (ˋ) becomes (ˊ) and the (ˇ) becomes ().

Edgard FJR