Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
faktionrox555 faktionrox555 is offline

Default Printer Settings Are Messing the Page Layout Up

I work in an office where we print ID's and we use a DataCard printer but in
the printers it is called Smart Driver. Whenever you open a word document the
settings are such that it would fit on an ID card. Is there anyway to make
sure that the settings are just for a normal sheet of 8.5x11 paper?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

In a new blank document, without making any other changes, go to Page Setup
and change the paper size on the Paper tab. You may also want to change the
margins (the default margins in Word 2003 are 1.25" left and right, 1" top
and bottom, and 0.5" header and footer). Then click Default... and answer
yes.

Before you do this, however, make sure that you're not opening Word with a
specific template loaded (other than Normal.dot) that provides the settings
for the ID cards.

http://word.mvps.org