lamersn

Default Names inserted from address book into an envelope are last name fi

When I insert an address from my address book into an envelope I create in
Word, the last name is first and I have to move it- how can I change it so
that the first name is first? I'm using Word 2003.
Graham Mayor

Copy the following exactly and save as an autotext entry called
AddressLayout (all one word)

{PR_GIVEN_NAME PR_SURNAME
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

(note the curly brackets are not field boundaries, but are typed from the
keyboard)

lamersn wrote:
When I insert an address from my address book into an envelope I
create in Word, the last name is first and I have to move it- how can
I change it so that the first name is first? I'm using Word 2003.

Joseph McGuire

I use this for AddressLayout in Word 2000:

{PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{{PR_TITLE}
}{{PR_COMPANY_NAME}
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

This will return the addressee's name, with a middle initial if used, a
title if there is one, a company name if there is one, and the complete
address. The double braces are for conditional fields; if empty, they are
skipped without leaving a blank line. If you get LastName, FirstName check
to see how names are displayed in Outlook. In my experience, if they are
showing up in the Contacts view as First Name, MI and Lastname, they will
show up like that in AddressLayout.

"lamersn" wrote in message
news
When I insert an address from my address book into an envelope I create in
Word, the last name is first and I have to move it- how can I change it so
that the first name is first? I'm using Word 2003.

Graham Mayor

The extra leading and trailing brackets {{ }} shouldn't be necessary. One
pair { }, provided the closing bracket is on the following line, should
eliminate spaces. As there will always be a display name and as the postal
address is at the end, these fields do not really need the curly brackets,
so the following is appropriate:

PR_DISPLAY_NAME
{PR_TITLE
}{PR_COMPANY_NAME
}PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS

The only snag I can see with using display name here, is if you use the
company name as the display name in Outlook, which would produce the company
name twice using this version. The display name field is configurable in
Outlook. A list of all the fields available can be found at
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

Joseph McGuire wrote:
I use this for AddressLayout in Word 2000:

{PR_DISPLAY_NAME}
{{PR_TITLE}
}{{PR_COMPANY_NAME}
}{PR_POSTAL_ADDRESS}

This will return the addressee's name, with a middle initial if used,
a title if there is one, a company name if there is one, and the
complete address. The double braces are for conditional fields; if
empty, they are skipped without leaving a blank line. If you get
LastName, FirstName check to see how names are displayed in Outlook.
In my experience, if they are showing up in the Contacts view as
First Name, MI and Lastname, they will show up like that in
AddressLayout.

news