Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
qjmoudy qjmoudy is offline

Default How to print envelopes and letters

We are trying to print envelopes and letter one after the other. At this time
they all pull from the same drawer.
I kindly Thank You for any help you can offer.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Which version of Word?

Can you verify that in your Mail merge Main document,
a. your envelope and letter are in two different sections (the way most
people create this kind of merge, the envelope will be in section 1 and the
letter will be in section 2)
b. when you click in each section (make sure you really have clicked in the
correct section), and go to File|Page Setup|Paper, the correct Paper tray is
assigned for each section.

If that is all correct, then in Word 2003 I would say that if the output is
not going to the correct printer trays, there is probably a problem with
your printer driver - personally, the most I would try to do in that case is
check that th edriver is up-to-date and try again. If that does not work, I
would either accept that it is probably easier to do all the envelopes in
one merge and all the letters in another, or try to use VBA to solve the
problem.

If you have more than one page per section and use different trays for
"first page" and "subsequent pages", things may be a little different - I am
not sure.

Peter Jamieson

"qjmoudy" wrote in message
We are trying to print envelopes and letter one after the other. At this
time
they all pull from the same drawer.
I kindly Thank You for any help you can offer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M -WordMVP- Cindy M  -WordMVP- is offline

Hi ?B?cWptb3VkeQ==?=,

We are trying to print envelopes and letter one after the other. At this time
they all pull from the same drawer.

Are the envelope and letter in the same document (you added the envelope to the
letter)?

If this is the case, then there are two SECTIONs in the document (you should be
able to see this in the status bar, at the bottom left of the Word window).

Click on the envelope, so the focus is in Section 1. Go to File/Page Setup and
look for the "Paper source" settings. Change the "Tray" information for the
First Page to the tray for the envelope feed. (Note: you may need to test
various settings until you find the right one for your printer)

Make sure that "Apply to" is set to "This section" (and not "Whole document").

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
qjmoudy qjmoudy is offline

Thanks Peter,

It did turn out to be a driver problem, went from PS to PCL and it worked
fine.
I think the PS on this printer is just an emulation.

Thanks again,

"qjmoudy" wrote in message
We are trying to print envelopes and letter one after the other. At this
time
they all pull from the same drawer.
I kindly Thank You for any help you can offer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
qjmoudy qjmoudy is offline

Thanks for your response Cindy,

Hi ?B?cWptb3VkeQ==?=,