Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julia[_2_] Julia[_2_] is offline

Default Footnote Separator Formatting

Dear all,

I have problems with the footnote separator in my word document.

Above the footnote, there is a space of five lines (although it should
be only one).

Word Help indicates, that this can be formatted via "View-Footnotes".
This does not seem to work.

However, the lines above the footnote seem to be active in the footer
when choosing "View - Header and Footer",
but I don't manage to activate and delete them.

I would appreciate if anybody could help me in this regard.

Thank you very much in advance,
Julia
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Which version of Word are you using?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Julia" wrote in message
Dear all,

I have problems with the footnote separator in my word document.

Above the footnote, there is a space of five lines (although it should
be only one).

Word Help indicates, that this can be formatted via "View-Footnotes".
This does not seem to work.

However, the lines above the footnote seem to be active in the footer
when choosing "View - Header and Footer",
but I don't manage to activate and delete them.

I would appreciate if anybody could help me in this regard.

Thank you very much in advance,
Julia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julia[_2_] Julia[_2_] is offline

Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

To access the footnote separator in Word 2003, do this: Click View | Normal.
Then click View | Footnotes. In the Footnote pane, choose the Footnote
Separator item. You can now delete any undesired contents in the footnote
separator. You may want to press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks;
that way, you can easily delete excessive paragraph marks (¶) found in the
separator. When you are done, press Ctrl+Shift+8 to hide the nonprinting
marks.

Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Julia" wrote in message
Word 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Julia[_2_] Julia[_2_] is offline

On Feb 22, 11:55 am, "Stefan Blom" wrote:
To access the footnote separator in Word 2003, do this: Click View | Normal.
Then click View | Footnotes. In the Footnote pane, choose the Footnote
Separator item. You can now delete any undesired contents in the footnote
separator. You may want to press Ctrl+Shift+8 to display nonprinting marks;
that way, you can easily delete excessive paragraph marks (¶) found in the
separator. When you are done, press Ctrl+Shift+8 to hide the nonprinting
marks.

Does that help?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Julia" wrote in message

Word 2003.

Perfect!!! :-)

It didn't work from Print View.

Thank you very much, Stefan!

Regards,
Julia

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

You are welcome.

And you're right: the footnote pane requires Normal view (called Draft view
in Word 2007) or Outline view (it might work in Web Layout view, too, but I
haven't tested that).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP