Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Orchid Orchid is offline

Default "Office Come Addin can not work on second system?"

Hi every one,
I would like to create an PopUp menu in Word(office 2003,WinXp),for this aim
I used Office Com Addin and I created a Popup Commandbar on "Standard" Bar
in Word,but when I move my project to other computer ,I can not run My
office Com addin(My project) successfully ,My project do not work in
debugging mode,I installed my project in second computer but it dosen not
work there too.
I do not know what is my problem,the Office Com Addin is running
successfully just on computer that it is created for the first time.
I'd appreciated for any help.
yours sincerely,
Orchid
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Orchid,

I would like to create an PopUp menu in Word(office 2003,WinXp),for this aim
I used Office Com Addin and I created a Popup Commandbar on "Standard" Bar
in Word,but when I move my project to other computer ,I can not run My
office Com addin(My project) successfully ,My project do not work in
debugging mode,I installed my project in second computer but it dosen not
work there too.
I do not know what is my problem,the Office Com Addin is running
successfully just on computer that it is created for the first time.

This newsgroup is targeted at end-users. You need to ask this question in the
office.developer.add_ins newsgroup. Please be sure to mention which programming
environment you used to create the COM Add-in.

From the sound of it, you haven't properly deployed and set up the Add-in. It's
not possible to simply copy and add-in to another machine. At the very least,
it must be properly registered. If you used .NET, then security (CasPol) also
has to be set.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org