Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DarrylKyle DarrylKyle is offline

Default turn off track change on defult

hi,

my version of word 2003 has track change turned on by defult so that when I
open up word to a new document and type, everything is marked as changes.
I'm wondering how can I turn off this feature so that track changes is not on
when I open up a new document.

I can turn it off after going into word, but it is set to on again each time
I restart the program.

Any suggestsions

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard O. Neville Richard O. Neville is offline

Open the Normal template (not a new document based on it), and turn off
Track changes. You may have to close and restart Word for this to take
effect. Of course, this change will not affect existing documents.

"DarrylKyle" wrote in message
hi,

my version of word 2003 has track change turned on by defult so that when
open up word to a new document and type, everything is marked as changes.
I'm wondering how can I turn off this feature so that track changes is not
on
when I open up a new document.

I can turn it off after going into word, but it is set to on again each
time
I restart the program.

Any suggestsions

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
challa prabhu challa prabhu is offline

Hi;

A. Microsoft Word Version Number:

€¢ Which version of office are you using?

B. Reviewing Tracking changes:

Do the following:
1. On the View menu, point to Toolbars, and then click Reviewing.
The reviewing toolbar appears.
2. Click the Display for Review drop-down list.
You can select one of the four types: Original, Original Showing Markup,
Final and Final Showing Markup. You print the according based on the
selection you choose from the list.
C. Select from the Status bar:
€¢ TRK : Shows the track changes status. Double-click TRK to turn the Track
Changes feature on or off. When changes are not being tracked, TRK appears
dimmed.
€¢ Right-click the TRK on the status bar, the following options are displayed:
a. Track Changes - view tracked changes in the document. If you do not want
to view the track changes, click the Final from the Display for Review list
in the Reviewing Toolbar.
b. Reviewing Pane: Displays a document review changes in a separate window.
c. Options: Track changes dialog box appears. Specify the clors for Markup,
Ballons and Printings properties.

Challa Prabhu