Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
steamroller

Default why are my scanner copies not accurate copies

when I scan a document to microsoft word, it comes out garbled .

hen iscan adoment to mchft (this somewhat of an example)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Charles Kenyon

You are using an optical character recognition program (OCR) even if you
didn't know that. These programs are far from perfect but their accuracy can
be improved by making sure that the document scanned is straight when
scanned. Also, to the extent possible, scan an original rather than a
photocopy.

Different program will give different results from the same scan.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"steamroller" wrote in message
when I scan a document to microsoft word, it comes out garbled .

hen iscan adoment to mchft (this somewhat of an example)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DSG

And if you are scanning a document in columns, only scan one column at a
time. You can clean it up later.
DSG
"Charles Kenyon" wrote in message
: You are using an optical character recognition program (OCR) even if you
: didn't know that. These programs are far from perfect but their accuracy
can
: be improved by making sure that the document scanned is straight when
: scanned. Also, to the extent possible, scan an original rather than a
: photocopy.
:
: Different program will give different results from the same scan.
: --
: Charles Kenyon
:
: Word New User FAQ & Web Directory: http://addbalance.com/word
:
: Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version of
: Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide) http://addbalance.com/usersguide
:
: See also the MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/ which is awesome!
:
: My criminal defense site: http://addbalance.com
: This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies
: and questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn
: from my ignorance and your wisdom.
:
:
: ...