Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Debra Ann[_2_] Debra Ann[_2_] is offline

Default Appendix Number in Heading

Microsoft Word 2003

I have an appendix number (Appendix A, Appendix B, etc.) that is assigned
Heading 6 style. The footer has the page number including the chapter number
usng Heading 6 so the page numbering automatically changes each time I create
a new section and have a new Appendix number (A-1, A-2, B-1, B-2 ...). I
would like to have the Appendix number included in all the headers without
manually having to create a new heading each time a new appendix starts.
Hence, I would see Appendix A in my header on all pages until it got the
Appendix B section and then I would see Appendix B on all pages, and so on.

Is there a way of doing this so that it automatically changes in each
section like the page numbering does?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can use a StyleRef field. See: