Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
juls858

Default Header/Footers skipped for odd pages!

I am creating several long reference manuals for my company. I am using the
same header and footer for all pages with automatic page numbering. I am also
using chapters and outlining to automatically generate a table of contents.
Within the longer chapters, I have used the odd page break feature to skip
pages and make sure fresh ideas always start on an even page. This skips the
page as intended, however, it makes the skip page appear blank!! I can't
apply headers and footers to the page as they have been skipped by word!

Is there anyway to continue to use the odd page break while including a
similar header and footer from the previous page within the skipped page??
It looks very tacky, that the skipped pages are blank without a header and
footer!

PLEASE HELP! I have several documents each about 300-500 pages that I must
fix. If i can not figure this out, i will have to start using normal page
breaks and that will take a ridiculous amount of time and make updating the
documents a pain in the @##!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The blank pages Word inserts for an odd/even page break are *meant* to be
entirely blank. Look at any printed book, and you'll see this is how it's
done. If you are under a requirement to put text on a "blank" page (such as
"This page intentionally left blank"), see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...nPgEndChap.htm