Default Fixed marker in document...

Hi,

I want to know if there is a way to layout a document such that there are
fixed markers in the document regardless of its overall size...

For example: I might want to put a marker at two and a half pages that would
hold its position whether or not the document was three pages long or twenty
pages long...

Thanks in advance for your help...
Klaus Linke

You can position any of the drawing stuff (lines, shapes, ...) =
absolutely relative to the page.
Select and right-click on the shape, and then from the context menu =
"Format AutoForm... Layout More...".

But it's easy to select and move those shapes accidentally. So it's =
better yet to anchor them in the header or footer.
If you need the shape on one page only, the header would need to be =
special to that one page though (... such as "different first page" =
header for the first page of the document or section, or a special =
section just for that one page).

Regards,
Klaus

"ADS" wrote:
Hi,
=20
I want to know if there is a way to layout a document such that there =

are=20
fixed markers in the document regardless of its overall size...
=20
For example: I might want to put a marker at two and a half pages that =

would=20
hold its position whether or not the document was three pages long or =

twenty=20
pages long...
=20
Thanks in advance for your help...

Alan Speakman

Hi Klaus,

That did it!!! Thank you!

I'm using Word 2003, so the exact steps we
i.) Create the drawing object using the AutoShapes,
ii.) Right click the drawing object and choose "Format AutoShape..."
iii.) Select the "Layout" tab and click the "Advanced" button,
iv.) Under the "Options" field, unselect "Move object with text", and the
select "Lock anchor".
v.) Click "OK" twice...

Great solution Klaus!

Alan S