Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
John Sylvanus John Sylvanus is offline

Default centering labels

In Word 2003 my labels centered perfectly. with 2007, i have been unable to
get them to center at all. i set the manufacturer's settings in the options
tab and the labels print 1/2 off the top. if i move the cursor down 1 line
they print 1/2 off the bottom. i have tried the right click/alignment setting
and that is exactly the same. is there any way to get 2007 to work?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

1. You have added a header/footer to normal.dotm (rename normal.dotm)
2. The page size set in the printer properties doesn't match the page size
of the label sheet.
3. You have a scaling option set in the zoom section of the print dialog
4. Your printer has poor paper handling. Some printers will slip when faced
with label stock and thus are incapable of feeding the label correctly.
Cleaning the rollers in the print path may help.

John Sylvanus wrote:
In Word 2003 my labels centered perfectly. with 2007, i have been
unable to get them to center at all. i set the manufacturer's
settings in the options tab and the labels print 1/2 off the top. if
i move the cursor down 1 line they print 1/2 off the bottom. i have
tried the right click/alignment setting and that is exactly the same.
is there any way to get 2007 to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

They work almost identically in Word 2007 as previous versions. It sound as
though either you have change normal.dot or have an incompatible printer
driver.

What happens if you start Word in Safe Mode? From Start | Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Open a sheet of labels and test now. Are they OK?

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"John Sylvanus" John wrote in message
In Word 2003 my labels centered perfectly. with 2007, i have been unable
get them to center at all. i set the manufacturer's settings in the
options
tab and the labels print 1/2 off the top. if i move the cursor down 1 line
they print 1/2 off the bottom. i have tried the right click/alignment
setting
and that is exactly the same. is there any way to get 2007 to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

There seems to be some difference in how vertical alignment is handled in
W2003 & 2007. See this thread:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/conversat...did=3411 8418

(Changing Default Cell Alignment in Word 2007)

Pam

Terry Farrell wrote:
They work almost identically in Word 2007 as previous versions. It sound as
though either you have change normal.dot or have an incompatible printer
driver.

What happens if you start Word in Safe Mode? From Start | Run, type in

winword /a

and press enter. Open a sheet of labels and test now. Are they OK?

In Word 2003 my labels centered perfectly. with 2007, i have been unable

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
setting
and that is exactly the same. is there any way to get 2007 to work?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

I hadn't discovered that because I never use the label wizard. I always
create my own label templates for the few labels I use. I never did like the
envelope or label wizard.

Terry

Centering Terry Microsoft Word Help 5 January 5th 09 11:54 AM
Centering Text Box Mickey D Microsoft Word Help 1 October 26th 08 03:27 AM
centering letter bird lover Page Layout 2 May 24th 08 07:31 PM
centering Donna G. Microsoft Word Help 2 May 21st 07 10:12 PM
How to design labels - e.g. centering text / font / colour? cikko2621 Microsoft Word Help 8 September 25th 06 09:27 PM