Amanda Llewellyn

Default How do I stop a phrase from being broken across two lines?

I want to keep a company name all on one line but because the name includes
spaces, sometimes it is broken over two. Is there an equivalent of the
'widows and orphans' that can be applied to amounts of text rather than to
whole paragraphs?

Thanks
Doug Robbins

Use Ctrl+Shift+Space to enter a non-breaking space between the words.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Amanda Llewellyn" Amanda wrote in
message ...
I want to keep a company name all on one line but because the name includes
spaces, sometimes it is broken over two. Is there an equivalent of the
'widows and orphans' that can be applied to amounts of text rather than to
whole paragraphs?

Thanks

Stefan Blom

Instead of using a space (inserted by pressing SPACEBAR) between
words, you can insert a nonbreaking space by pressing
CTRL+SHIFT+SPACEBAR.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Amanda Llewellyn" Amanda wrote
in message ...
I want to keep a company name all on one line but because the name

includes
spaces, sometimes it is broken over two. Is there an equivalent of

the
'widows and orphans' that can be applied to amounts of text rather

than to
whole paragraphs?

Thanks

Amanda Llewellyn

Doug/Stefan,

That's just what I wanted - thankyou both!
Stefan Blom

You are welcome.

--
Stefan Blom