Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hillary

Default Can't get equation editor installed

Hello,

I've followed Suzanne's instructions posted in another thread:
"2. Equation Editor is not installed by default (in the Typical
installation). If you don't find Microsoft Equation 3.0 listed in the Insert
| Object dialog, then you will need to install it. Go to Control Panel |
Add/Remove Programs, select Microsoft Office, and click the Change button.
In the first page, select "Add or Remove Features." On the next page, expand
"Office Tools." Select Equation Editor and set it to "Run from My Computer."
Click the Update button, and insert the Office CD when prompted."

Microsoft Equation Editor still doesn't show up in my list in the
Insert/Object window. I've tried and retried this install and I'm still
getting the same result.
I'm using Microsoft Office xp for small business, if that matters.

Thanks very much for any help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

If you originally installed Microsoft Office from a network file server or
from a shared folder, you must install Equation Editor from that location. If
you installed Office from a CD-ROM, you must install Equation Editor from the
disc.

Quit all programs.
Do one of the following:
If you run Microsoft Windows 2000, double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon
in Control Panel.
If you run Microsoft Windows XP, click Add or Remove Programs in Control
Panel.
In the Currently installed programs box, click the listing for Microsoft
Office or Microsoft Word, depending on whether you installed Word as part of
Office or as an individual program, and then click Change.
On the Maintenance Mode Options screen, click Add or Remove Features, and
then click Next.
If a Custom Setup screen appears, select the Choose advanced customization
of applications check box, and then click Next.
In the list of features to install, click the expand indicator (+) next to
Office Tools.
Click the arrow next to Equation Editor, and then click Run from My Computer.
Click Update.
Restart Word.

--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Hillary" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hillary

dying of embarrassment here...

I restarted my computer, reopened Word, and there it was...Equation editor
in the list!

Thanks Carol!

"Hillary" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Don't die of embarrassment Hillary; we all make mistakes. It's called
experience.
:-)
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Hillary" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hypatiam hypatiam is offline

I'm having the same problem, have done ALL of that - even tried wiping, then
re-installing office with both the "run from my computer" and "install on
first use" options. I can choose to insert object... equation 3.0 and math
editor 5.0, but am getting the message:

The program used to create this object is Equation. That program is not
installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program
that can open the object.

Any other methods of attack? I was able to use equation editor fine until I
upgraded to office 2007 (enterprise ed.) from 2003.