Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
BT Connect BT Connect is offline

Default Can't close up space

I have a Word 2003 doc which has a space at the bottom of the page. When I
press delete to try and close up the text from the following page the cursor
jumps to the following page. There do not seem to be any page-breaks or
other breaks so I am at a loss to know what's causing the problem. Can
anyone shed any light on the subject?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
John McGhie [MVP Word, Word Mac] John McGhie [MVP Word, Word Mac] is offline

Hi Jeff:

Examine the Paragraph properties of the paragraph at the bottom of the page
and the paragraph properties of the paragraph at the top of the next page.

I suspect you will find either Space After on the first, or Page Break
Before on the second.

What style is applied to each paragraph? What are the paragraph properties
of the styles?

Cheers

--

Please reply in the group. Please do NOT email me unless I ask you to.

http://jgmcghie.fastmail.com.au/

John McGhie, Consultant Technical Writer
McGhie Information Engineering Pty Ltd
Sydney, Australia. GMT + 10 Hrs
+61 4 1209 1410,

" BT Connect" wrote in message
I have a Word 2003 doc which has a space at the bottom of the page. When I
press delete to try and close up the text from the following page the
cursor jumps to the following page. There do not seem to be any page-breaks
or other breaks so I am at a loss to know what's causing the problem. Can
anyone shed any light on the subject?

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
BT Connect BT Connect is offline