Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
amber amber is offline

Default How do I create document compatable eith 2003 word and 2007 word?

I am trying to create a form available on a public drive within the company.
Some viewers have word 2003 and others have 2007 version. The problem is that
I need to be able to add drop down boxes in which any user can access
reguardless of which version they have. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you create the documents in Word 2003 format, then users of both versions
will have no problem accessing them. If you use Word 2007 to create the
documents, then save in Word 97-2003 "compatibility" mode early on. For any
dropdown boxes, etc., use Legacy tools rather than Content Control tools.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Amber" wrote in message
I am trying to create a form available on a public drive within the
company.
Some viewers have word 2003 and others have 2007 version. The problem is
that
I need to be able to add drop down boxes in which any user can access
reguardless of which version they have. Any help would be greatly
appreciated!

elle0880 elle0880 is offline
Junior Member

As long as you have the compatibility pack software that would not be a problem. word 2003 and word 2007 can be viewed with either one of the versions. have you tried compatibility pack? you can download it at microsoft site.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You don't need the compatibility pack to open in Word 2007 a document
created in Word 2003.