DaveO

Default Relative path links

How do I insert a link as a relative path? I am converting my docs to pdf,
and want to use relative links so that they work no matter where the
resulting pdf's are stored (keeping the same relative file structure, of
course). Word 2002 seems to force a link to include a complete path to a
folder on my PC or to a specific website address. All I want to do is access
a file in the (a) parent, (b) same, or (c) child folder. If this were in
html it would simply be "../filename" if it's in the parent folder,
"filename" if it's in the same folder, or "/subfoldername/filename" if in a
sub-folder.