Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Leo Bueno

Default DOC to PDF: how to create/save a document in PDF format

Apparently Word does not provide a facility to save a document in PDF
format.

The Microsoft site points to a list of approved vendors (or some
designation like it) software but all I saw was PDF to DOC converters;
I want to go the other way, from DOC to PDF.

Ideally, I would like to simply save the document in PDF format. I
have looked at CutePDF, which looks like a virtual printer which
creates the document.

Suggestions please.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You say that CutePDF "looks like a virtual printer." This in fact is the way
all PDF writers (including the original, Adobe Acrobat) create PDF files.
Although Office 12 apps will offer native support for PDF creation, in
current versions of Word you do need a third-party PDF writer. If Acrobat is
too pricey for you, see http://www.gmayor.com/favorite.htm links to some
alternatives.

"Leo Bueno" wrote in message

Apparently Word does not provide a facility to save a document in PDF
format.

The Microsoft site points to a list of approved vendors (or some
designation like it) software but all I saw was PDF to DOC converters;
I want to go the other way, from DOC to PDF.

Ideally, I would like to simply save the document in PDF format. I
have looked at CutePDF, which looks like a virtual printer which
creates the document.

Suggestions please.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

www.primopdf.com

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Leo Bueno" wrote in message

Apparently Word does not provide a facility to save a document in PDF
format.

The Microsoft site points to a list of approved vendors (or some
designation like it) software but all I saw was PDF to DOC converters;
I want to go the other way, from DOC to PDF.

Ideally, I would like to simply save the document in PDF format. I
have looked at CutePDF, which looks like a virtual printer which
creates the document.

Suggestions please.

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DG

I use Word 2000 and this has worked very well for me:
http://www.pdf995.com/