Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jack

Default Print Preview a Page Range

I use many large documents at work. They range from user manuals to technical
descriptions. Some of them are split into different volumes because of their
size. This means that often the pages numbers do not begin at 1.

I usually only want to print a section of the document, so I use the Page
Range to specify the pages that I want.

Many times I've sent a page range (124-164) that I thought was correct only
to find out I got 30 printed pages from the end of the document, not the ones
I was looking at. Now I have to try to figure out how to translate the page
numbers so I specify the range I'm looking for.

I would like a Preview button on the Print dialog box. After I enter a page
range, then press the Preview button, I'm taken to a print preview of just
the page range I have entered. I can quickly determine if this is the page
range I would like and then press the print button from here to send it to
the printer and commit to generating a hardcopy of the section.
--
Jack Rumple

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...ord.pagelayout
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

Hi Jack,

Your printer driver may already supply that function -- both of my
inkjets, an Epson and a Canon, do have it. In the Print dialog, click
Properties next to the printer's name. In the resulting dialog, which
is supplied by the printer driver, look for a check box labeled "Print
preview" or "Preview before printing".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:48:02 -0800, "Jack"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jack

Thanks for the sugesstion.

I checked and the company Lexmark W820 PS3 does not have the feature you
describe with its printer driver.

It sounds as if some printer manufaturers have already responded to this
customer desire. It would be helpful if Microsoft Word would offer the option
so I'm not dependent on the printer driver.

The last time I bought a personal printer I don't remember this type of
feature being described. It would be helpful if this was listed with other
printer features. I would purchase as comparable, if more expensive, printer
offering a preview feature because it would save me wasted paper and
ink/toner.
--
Jack Rumple