Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FrConor

Default how do I search bullet numbers?

I have a self composed research paper of over 900 quotations over 158 pages.
Each quotation is numbered automatically using "Bullets and Numbering" Anyone
have any idea how I can use "Find" to locate individual quotations by number?
For example if I wish to quickly go to quotation 583?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

You cannot use EditFind to locate a specific autonumber, I'm afraid.
However, if you are done editing the document, so that you don't
actually need the autonumbers anymore, you could convert them to text,
in which case EditFind can "see" them.

To convert all paragraph numbers to text: Press Alt+F11 to display the
Visual Basic Editor. On its View menu, click Immediate Window. Type
the following in that window:

ActiveDocument.ConvertNumbersToText wdNumberParagraph

and press Enter.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP