Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jenny Jenny is offline

Default Problem with Office 2003 envelope address block

I cannot get mail merge to print anything in the address block except for
"Street Address" over and over. I've studied the tutorial; I believe I am
doing everything correctly, but the program will not put in the information
from my Excel database. Please help. Thnk you.
--
Jenny
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

if you're having trouble with "ADDRESSBLOCK" fields you should probably try
using individual fields instead, cf. Graham Mayor's page at

I'd try to describe addressblock fields, but since you've already fought
with the tutorial (which one??) it's probably not worth it...

Peter Jamieson

"Jenny" wrote in message
I cannot get mail merge to print anything in the address block except for
"Street Address" over and over. I've studied the tutorial; I believe I am
doing everything correctly, but the program will not put in the
information
from my Excel database. Please help. Thnk you.
--
Jenny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

And if the data is from Outlook - you may be interested in the
pre-configured envelope templates available for download from my web site.

"Jenny" wrote in message
I cannot get mail merge to print anything in the address block
except for "Street Address" over and over. I've studied the
tutorial; I believe I am doing everything correctly, but the program
will not put in the information
from my Excel database. Please help. Thnk you.
--
Jenny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jenny Jenny is offline

Thank you, Graham. I just want my stupid program to work. Why won't it do
what it's supposed to do?
--
Jenny

"Jenny" wrote in message
I cannot get mail merge to print anything in the address block
except for "Street Address" over and over. I've studied the
tutorial; I believe I am doing everything correctly, but the program
will not put in the information
from my Excel database. Please help. Thnk you.
--
Jenny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jenny Jenny is offline

Peter, Thank you very much for your reply. I took a quick look at your
website. I'm sure it's very helpful, but, darn it, I just want my stupid
program to work the way it's supposed to. I paid for it and, now, it seems I
have to do a bunch of reading to figure out a way to make the thing do what
it's supposed to do already. It's a pain!
--
Jenny

"Jenny" wrote in message
I cannot get mail merge to print anything in the address block except for
"Street Address" over and over. I've studied the tutorial; I believe I am
doing everything correctly, but the program will not put in the
information
from my Excel database. Please help. Thnk you.
--
Jenny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Like everything else in life, some things work better than others. If you
are American and have standard format American addresses, then AddressBlock
probably works OK. For the rest of the world (and probably for Americans
too) you can merge individual address fields in any layout you want just as
you have been able to do since the earliest versions of Word.

As with any other complex piece of software, you have to be prepared to
learn how to use it to do what you wish to achieve - or pay someone to do it
for you.

"Jenny" wrote in message
I cannot get mail merge to print anything in the address block
except for "Street Address" over and over. I've studied the
tutorial; I believe I am doing everything correctly, but the
program will not put in the information
from my Excel database. Please help. Thnk you.
--
Jenny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jenny Jenny is offline

A bit patronizing, Graham. I have used Mail Merge before - many times. It
worked just fine. It doesn't work with this particular version of Office
Works on my PC. I don't know why and apparently no one else does, either. I
have new software which will probably free me from the tentacles of this
horrid program and then I can be happy again.
--
Jenny

"Jenny" wrote in message
I cannot get mail merge to print anything in the address block
except for "Street Address" over and over. I've studied the
tutorial; I believe I am doing everything correctly, but the
program will not put in the information
from my Excel database. Please help. Thnk you.
--
Jenny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Do it the way that you did it before.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Jenny" wrote in message
I cannot get mail merge to print anything in the address block
except for "Street Address" over and over. I've studied the
tutorial; I believe I am doing everything correctly, but the
program will not put in the information
from my Excel database. Please help. Thnk you.
--
Jenny

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

What field names are you using in Excel? Are they the same ones as you have
used before? Are you explicitly mapping them? If not, it's possible that
Word is not recognising the names of the fields, not mapping them at all,
and that that is why they are not appearing in your output.

Peter Jamieson