Scott H

Default Mail merge only creates first label when doing edit individual lab

I use word 2003 to make labels from an 2003 excel spreadsheet with micros. I
use the edit individual to selecet the labels I want printed. My label
docment has the next record after the first label and if I do an edit from
the 15 row or all rows it does the merge just fine. If I do the merge latter
then the 15 row it only will make the first label. I also tried turning off
printing in the background and it didn't help. Does anyone have suggestions
on fixing this problem. let me know
Peter Jamieson

I had difficulty understanding exactly what you are doing, but I think what
you are probably doing is cutting or blanking the labels you do not need in
what is essentially the merge preview. You /may/ be able to get that to work
if you enable the mail merge toolbar (Tools|Customize or otherwise) and use
the and buttons to change the start record, but I haven't tried and it
seems an awkward way to work.

If you are always printing onto a new sheet - i.e. always printing from the
first label on the page - then you would probably be better off going into
Edit Recipients, deselecting them all, then selecting the ones you need.
That's how it is supposed to work (although I have heard stories that it
does not always work as expected).

If you are recycling a sheet of labels that you have already partly used, so
you want to print (say) the last 5 labels on the sheet,
a. all the printers I have used have instructions that suggest this is a
bad idea as the risk of jamming increases.
b. deleting the contents of the cells you do not need, /and/ the first
Next record field in the remaining cells, /and/ selecting the records
you want as described above should do the trick.

If the problem was something else altogether, I think we need a clearer
description!

Peter Jamieson