Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sara

Default When I remove a section break in a document, the header is removed

I have a document with different header on first page. In the document, not
in the header, I have a continue section break. When I remove the section
break, the header is removed.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Don't even try to use a Continuous break for this. Instead, check the
"Different first page" box on the Layout tab of Page Setup and put your
header for the first page in the First Page Header and the header for
following pages in the Header. For more on this, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

"Sara" wrote in message
I have a document with different header on first page. In the document,

not
in the header, I have a continue section break. When I remove the section
break, the header is removed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sara

Default When I remove a section break in a document, the header is rem

The reason that I have a section break in the document is that I want to
protect the first part for filling in forms and let the next part be open.
The only way to do that is to insert a section break, or? If I then remove
the section break in the document, the header is removed.

"Sara" wrote in message
I have a document with different header on first page. In the document,

not
in the header, I have a continue section break. When I remove the section
break, the header is removed.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

You are right; to protect part of a document, you need to divide it
into sections.

I'm not sure why you want to remove the section break, but that can
certainly be tricky. For instructions, see:

Working with sections
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...thSections.htm

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" skrev:

Don't even try to use a Continuous break for this. Instead, check

the
"Different first page" box on the Layout tab of Page Setup and put

your
header for the first page in the First Page Header and the header

for
following pages in the Header. For more on this, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

newsgroup so
all may benefit.