Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jessica

Default Stop Text from adapting style it is formatted similarly to

I used to know how to do this but forgot.

When I apply manual formatting to text in certain styles (bad, but I have to
for complicated reasons), the pgraph pops into the style it "thinks" the text
is now formatted like.

How do I stop that behavior?

Thanks,

Jessica
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman

In Tools AutoCorrect Options AutoFormat As You Type, clear all the
check boxes -- or at least the ones for "Built-in Heading styles" and
"Define styles based on your formatting".

For more, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...AutoFormat.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 12:30:03 -0700, Jessica
wrote:

I used to know how to do this but forgot.

When I apply manual formatting to text in certain styles (bad, but I have to
for complicated reasons), the pgraph pops into the style it "thinks" the text
is now formatted like.

How do I stop that behavior?

Thanks,

Jessica

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jessica

I already had those unchecked - maybe the doc or the template is corrupt
somehow. Word quit unexpectedly while I had the doc and the template open,
so maybe that's the problem.

Thanks, Jay.

wrote:

I used to know how to do this but forgot.

When I apply manual formatting to text in certain styles (bad, but I have to
for complicated reasons), the pgraph pops into the style it "thinks" the text
is now formatted like.

How do I stop that behavior?

Thanks,

Jessica

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz

If Jay's suggestion doesn't apply, take a look at the Style in question in
the Modify Style dialog & see if there is a check in the box to
Automatically Update. If so, clear it, & do the same for each Style
involved.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

wrote:

I used to know how to do this but forgot.

When I apply manual formatting to text in certain styles (bad, but I
have to
for complicated reasons), the pgraph pops into the style it "thinks" the
text
is now formatted like.

How do I stop that behavior?

Thanks,

Jessica

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jessica

Nope, the auto update boxes are all cleared. I am leaning toward thinking
that the doc or the template is corrupt.

Thanks, though.