Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cueless Cueless is offline

Default Dragging pictures into word

Hi, in Excel I can drag a picture from a web page and have it show. However,
when I drag a picture from a web page into Word, it shows up as a link to
the picture, not the actual picture itself. Is there any way to change this?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cueless Cueless is offline

Thanks, that unlinks it, but the picture still doesn't show, just the text.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink it.

so
all may benefit.

"Cueless" wrote in message
Hi, in Excel I can drag a picture from a web page and have it show.

However,
when I drag a picture from a web page into Word, it shows up as a link to
the picture, not the actual picture itself. Is there any way to change

this?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Luc Luc is offline

Cueless,
Have you checked in Tools - options - view tab - section show - whether
'Picture Placeholder' has been checked if so uncheck it.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)

"Cueless" wrote in message
Hi, in Excel I can drag a picture from a web page and have it show.

However,
when I drag a picture from a web page into Word, it shows up as a link
the picture, not the actual picture itself. Is there any way to change

this?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cueless Cueless is offline

It was unchecked. It shows the same behavior either way. Thanks anyway.
"Luc" wrote in message
Cueless,
Have you checked in Tools - options - view tab - section show - whether
'Picture Placeholder' has been checked if so uncheck it.

--
Luc Sanders
(MVP - PowerPoint)
"Cueless" schreef in bericht
Thanks, that unlinks it, but the picture still doesn't show, just the
text.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Cueless" wrote in message
Hi, in Excel I can drag a picture from a web page and have it show.
However,
when I drag a picture from a web page into Word, it shows up as a link
the picture, not the actual picture itself. Is there any way to change
this?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

A (now unlinked) URL?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cueless" wrote in message
Hi, in Excel I can drag a picture from a web page and have it

show.
However,
when I drag a picture from a web page into Word, it shows up as

a link
the picture, not the actual picture itself. Is there any way to

change
this?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Possibly. For the picture to be displayed, the computer would have to be
connected to the Internet, and I suppose the picture would have to be
displayed when unlinked for this to work. Perhaps just Alt+F before
Ctrl+Shift+F9?

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
A (now unlinked) URL?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cueless" wrote in message
Hi, in Excel I can drag a picture from a web page and have it

show.
However,
when I drag a picture from a web page into Word, it shows up as

a link
the picture, not the actual picture itself. Is there any way to

change
this?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Unlinking should work even with field codes displayed. Of course, this
assumes that the link created when dragging is in fact to a picture!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Cueless" wrote in message
Thanks, that unlinks it, but the picture still doesn't show,

just
the
text.
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Ctrl+Shift+F9 to unlink it.

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Cueless" wrote in message
Hi, in Excel I can drag a picture from a web page and have

it
show.
However,
when I drag a picture from a web page into Word, it shows

up as
a link
the picture, not the actual picture itself. Is there any

way to
change
this?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Hi D.Ball,

When you drag the picture does the cursor pointer arrow show a plus sign or a shortcut arrow on it?

If it's a plus sign, and you're seeing text if the text is showing "Includepicture..." try Alt+F9 to toggle the field codes.

If it's showing a shortcut arrow then the picture on the web page is likely tied to a hyperlink and what you're dragging is the
hyperlink.

If you copy the picture from the web page (right click and copy) and use Edit=Paste Special into Word and choose a format other
than the default 'HTML' you should be able to avoid the (intentional default) linking effect, although you may need to use
Edit=Paste Special, Cut then Edit=Paste Special again if you need a file format other than Bitmap graphic.

===========
"Cueless" wrote in message ...
Thanks, that unlinks it, but the picture still doesn't show, just the text.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Cueless Cueless is offline

Yes, it was as simple as copy and paste. Not even Paste Special. I guess the
reason I was confused was that you can just drag the pictures into Excel.
Thank you very much and thanks everyone for the help.
"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...