Reggie

Default Embedded Linked Excel object

I am pulling my hair! I have multiple Excel workbooks and charts I need to
embed into Word 2002. I have done so. The problem is in positioning them
where I want. The Help menu with Word is not very informative. I can not
seem to select and drag the objects into position. Is there a guide online
somewhere that I can read on positioning & sizing embedded Excel objects
once they are in Word?

Thanks

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Reggie,

When you have the object selected in Word use Format=Object
to get to the layout options.

If an object or graphic in Word is set to layout as
'inline with text' wrapping then Word sees it as basically a
large text character and you can drag it to fit within
any line of text if you have the setting for
'Drag and Drop' text editing turned on in Tools=Options=Edit

If you choose any other Layout/wrapping option the graphic
is 'anchored' to a spot of text in your document but can be
moved around within the boundary of a page (Word does not allow
graphics or objects to be larger than your current size for
printed page in File=Print).

Things that can affect the ability to accurately place the
graphic or object include

- Version of Word you're using and if you've disabling any
newer version features in Tools=Options=Save.

- Turning on/off the Snap to Grid feature from the [Draw]
button of the drawing toolbar.

- Settings in Format Object for 'move with text' allow overlap'
'layout as table'.

=========

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Reggie

Thanks Bob. Your reply is very informative.
rr

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com wrote
in message ...