Web Sniffer

Default Grey border/white page

I used to use Wordpro and had my pageview set up so there was a grey
border round a white page, so it looked like it was a photo frame. I
can't seem to do that in Word 2002. Or am I missing something?

Stefan Blom

You can add a border to pages in Word: On the Format menu, click
Borders and Shading. Click the Page Border tab. I can't guarantee that
Word has an exact equivalent to what you used in Word Pro, but there
are some options available, including using pictures ("Art"), at least
if you have Word 2000 or later.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Web Sniffer" wrote in message
news:1120138934.d354b38c0abfb7ae507ebbc6391bed23@t eranews...
I used to use Wordpro and had my pageview set up so there was a grey
border round a white page, so it looked like it was a photo frame. I
can't seem to do that in Word 2002. Or am I missing something?

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

If you use View=Print Layout and then use the Zoom control
to show page width or full page you should see a grey (or
other color depending on your Windows color scheme settings)
surround of the 'page'

========
"Web Sniffer" wrote in message news:1120138934.d354b38c0abfb7ae507ebbc6391bed23@t eranews...
I used to use Wordpro and had my pageview set up so there was a grey
border round a white page, so it looked like it was a photo frame. I
can't seem to do that in Word 2002. Or am I missing something?
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Web Sniffer

In article , "Bob Buckland ?:-
\)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com says...
If you use View=Print Layout and then use the Zoom control
to show page width or full page you should see a grey (or
other color depending on your Windows color scheme settings)
surround of the 'page'

========
"Web Sniffer" wrote in message news:1120138934.d354b38c0abfb7ae507ebbc6391bed23@t eranews...
I used to use Wordpro and had my pageview set up so there was a grey
border round a white page, so it looked like it was a photo frame. I
can't seem to do that in Word 2002. Or am I missing something?

I don't think it does what I want. It's the "pasteboard" that's shaded.
What I want is to be able to shade the area between the edge of the page
and the area where the text is typed.
Jay Freedman

news:1120138934.d354b38c0abfb7ae507ebbc6391bed23@t eranews... I used
to use Wordpro and had my pageview set up so there was a grey border
round a white page, so it looked like it was a photo frame. I can't
seem to do that in Word 2002. Or am I missing something?

I don't think it does what I want. It's the "pasteboard" that's
shaded. What I want is to be able to shade the area between the edge
of the page and the area where the text is typed.

What's the purpose of shading this border? If it's to indicate where the
edges of the text area are, Word does that a little differently. Go to Tools
Options View and check the box for "Text boundaries". You'll get a thin

grey line around the text area, but not full shading all the way to the
paper's edge.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

JR

I think this is called "Progress", but i may be wrong. I'd hate like hell
to go back to Lotus 123 v1, cause it had a feature I liked.
John

"Web Sniffer" wrote in message
news:1120171480.e1d8d6aee43a26544b0f8cbcfd51fb19@t eranews...
In article ,
says...
Web Sniffer wrote:
[...]

It's just that I'm comfortable with a page looking how I'm used to, and
I'm a bit surprised here isn't the flexibility in Word to do it.

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Word is not WordPro. You can't expect two programs to share every single
feature. I used to use AOHell. I didn't complain when I changed ISP and they
said I have to use Outlook Express which looks NOTHING like AOL mail. I
adapted.

And be glad your mom didn't get upset as you grew older. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Web Sniffer" wrote in message