Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nehanda

Default Why would Endnotes would begin in the middle of a page?

I have a large document (approx. 100+ pages) that I have inherited from a
client, which seems to have several coding issues. Most annoying is the fact
that when I insert endnotes, they begin in the middle of the page, and not at
the top. It was as if the page margins changed to a 5" top margin, only since
endnote pages are generated automatically, one cannot change margins. If
anyone has any insight on this issue, I would greatly appreciate it!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

For the section where the endnotes are positioned, verify that the
Vertical Alignment is set to "Top" (File | Page Setup, Layout tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nehanda" wrote in message
I have a large document (approx. 100+ pages) that I have inherited

from a
client, which seems to have several coding issues. Most annoying is

the fact
that when I insert endnotes, they begin in the middle of the page,

and not at
the top. It was as if the page margins changed to a 5" top margin,

only since
endnote pages are generated automatically, one cannot change

margins. If
anyone has any insight on this issue, I would greatly appreciate it!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Nehanda

Hi Stefan:

Thank you for responding. The only problem with checking the vertical
alignment is that I cannot access Page Layout once I'm on the endnote page.
When you insert an endnote and you get to the section where you have to type
the reference, Page Layout is not accessible. Do let me know if you have any
more ideas... Thanx1

"Nehanda" wrote in message
I have a large document (approx. 100+ pages) that I have inherited

from a
client, which seems to have several coding issues. Most annoying is

the fact
that when I insert endnotes, they begin in the middle of the page,

and not at
the top. It was as if the page margins changed to a 5" top margin,

only since
endnote pages are generated automatically, one cannot change

margins. If
anyone has any insight on this issue, I would greatly appreciate it!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom

Place the cursor outside of the endnotes area, but inside the section
where the endnotes reside (in other words: in an "ordinary" text
paragraph). Then you can access File | Page Setup.

Note: Switching to Normal view (View | Normal) makes it easier to
determine if there are any section breaks.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nehanda" wrote in message
I have a large document (approx. 100+ pages) that I have

inherited
from a
client, which seems to have several coding issues. Most annoying

is
the fact
that when I insert endnotes, they begin in the middle of the

page,
and not at
the top. It was as if the page margins changed to a 5" top

margin,
only since
endnote pages are generated automatically, one cannot change

margins. If
anyone has any insight on this issue, I would greatly appreciate

it!

Changing page number Denis Levesque Microsoft Word Help 4 April 11th 06 12:58 PM
adding pages MoJR Microsoft Word Help 23 February 28th 06 04:51 PM
page number positioning and format tinaa Page Layout 3 February 4th 06 12:38 AM
1st page turns into "odd" when # inserted tinhorn Page Layout 12 May 19th 05 01:18 PM