Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dino

Default Why is my quickstyle not accepting the changes I set?

In Office 2007, I'm running into an issue with one of the Quickstyles (called
€śTitle€ť). As someone who is designing for print, I can't have the colours
change too much. I've gone into the style, and changed the style of the
€śborder€ť (when in all actuality, what genius would use a border when the old
horizontal rule would produce a line that you could actually know what to do
with), which is in essence the horizontal rule, to be black in colour,
regardless of what the preset was. I click OK. It reverts back to the ugly
colour again. I go back, change the colour again. Nothing.

What gives? Every other style change I've made to the other styles (to
reflect actual design philosophy, and not €śit can do this, so it should€ť),
such as setting the proper font size for print, setting the leading, setting
the character spacing, and all sorts of other major changes to the existing
styles.

I used the €śTitle€ť example so that you can possibly replicate my problem.
This is an issue in any style with a horizontal rule.