Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

Default Modify icon on toolbar in WRD 2003

Hi

Somebody once told me how to put the Modify button (from Styles and
Formatting) in Word 2003 on the toolbar for easy access. I can't remember how
to do it. Can anyone please remind me?
--
Jackie D
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Hi Jackie,

Right-click on some empty space on a toolbar or the menu, "Customize...",
change to the "Commands" tab if necessary, Categories: Format, Commands:
Modify Style.
Drag it to some menu or toolbar with the left mouse button.

Regards,
Klaus

"Jackie D" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi

Somebody once told me how to put the Modify button (from Styles and
Formatting) in Word 2003 on the toolbar for easy access. I can't remember
how
to do it. Can anyone please remind me?
--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie D Jackie D is offline

Hi

Thanks. That was easy.
--
Jackie D

"Klaus Linke" wrote:

Hi Jackie,

Right-click on some empty space on a toolbar or the menu, "Customize...",
change to the "Commands" tab if necessary, Categories: Format, Commands:
Modify Style.
Drag it to some menu or toolbar with the left mouse button.

Regards,
Klaus

"Jackie D" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Hi

Somebody once told me how to put the Modify button (from Styles and
Formatting) in Word 2003 on the toolbar for easy access. I can't remember
how
to do it. Can anyone please remind me?
--
Jackie D

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

Thanks. That was easy.

Usually is... once you know where to look.

g Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I prefer to have a button that goes directly to the Styles dialog. If you go
directly to Modify Style, then you can modify only the style at the
insertion point; my reason for going to the dialog is often to modify a
style not in use or not directly accessible.