Barry S.

Default Large Graphic "Mail Merge"

I prepare a 30 page report every week and it has 20-30 1600x1200
pictures in the document.

I would love to be able to effectively do a mail merge with them.
(E.g. 1.JPG goes into a box with a box that knows that 1.JPG goes
here.)

What's the best way to do this?

Thank you.

__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges" section of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Barry S." wrote in message
I prepare a 30 page report every week and it has 20-30 1600x1200
pictures in the document.

I would love to be able to effectively do a mail merge with them.
(E.g. 1.JPG goes into a box with a box that knows that 1.JPG goes
here.)

What's the best way to do this?

Thank you.

__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with
'mail'.

Barry S.

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 06:24:03 +0200, "Doug Robbins - Word MVP"
wrote:

See the "Graphics from data base" item under the "Special merges" section of
fellow MVP Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...r/MergFram.htm

I'm reading it and I think I'm missing some things..

Like how the merge field in Word knows how to reference to a given
Field in Access..

{ IncludePicture "C:\\Data\\Pics\\{ Mergefield Signature \* upper }" }

Is "Signature" The field in the Access Database?

Thanks..

__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.
Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Barry

Barry S. wrote:
I prepare a 30 page report every week and it has 20-30 1600x1200
pictures in the document.

I would love to be able to effectively do a mail merge with them.
(E.g. 1.JPG goes into a box with a box that knows that 1.JPG goes
here.)

What's the best way to do this?

It sounds like a MailMerge would not be the best way (at least it isn't
straight-forward why you'd want to use one): my first idea would be to
insert the pictures as links (positioned in table cells with fixed
height/width).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Barry S.

On Mon, 24 Oct 2005 10:50:30 +0200, "Robert M. Franz (RMF)"
wrote:

Hi Barry

Barry S. wrote:
I prepare a 30 page report every week and it has 20-30 1600x1200
pictures in the document.

I would love to be able to effectively do a mail merge with them.
(E.g. 1.JPG goes into a box with a box that knows that 1.JPG goes
here.)

What's the best way to do this?

It sounds like a MailMerge would not be the best way (at least it isn't
straight-forward why you'd want to use one): my first idea would be to
insert the pictures as links (positioned in table cells with fixed
height/width).

HTH
Robert

Could you direct me to a further instruction on inserting pictures as
links?

Google doesn't seem to be directing me...

Thanks.

__________________
Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.

Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi Barry

wrote:
Could you direct me to a further instruction on inserting pictures as
links?

Google doesn't seem to be directing me...

What version of Word? In 2003 (and most probably in all three previous
versions), I have a topic "Insert Picture" in the offline help. In
there, click on "Insert a picture from a file", and also on "Show All".

That's the base information (it doesn't really tell you _how_ to do it,
though :-( ).

The actual thing to do is: Insert | Picture | From File, locate the
picture, and click on the small black triangle next to the "Insert"
button. Use "Link". This results in an INCLUDEPICTURE-link (which you
can see when you press SHIFT-F9 while the picture is selected. Now you
can read up that field in Word's help, too.

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Barry S.

On Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:06:11 +0200, "Robert M. Franz (RMF)"
wrote:

The actual thing to do is: Insert | Picture | From File, locate the
picture, and click on the small black triangle next to the "Insert"
button. Use "Link". This results in an INCLUDEPICTURE-link (which you
can see when you press SHIFT-F9 while the picture is selected. Now you
can read up that field in Word's help, too.

Once I've got the picture in there and Shift-F9d it, I get:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "M:\\test\\1.JPG" \d }

When I manually update the text so 1 become 2 or 3 or 4.. It does not
change the picture. (1, 2, 3, 4.JPG all exist.)

Is there a way to manually change the link so it points to the correct
file?

Thanks.

Note: To reply, replace the word 'spam' embedded in return address with 'mail'.