Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kate G. Kate G. is offline

Default converting Word Doc to PDF

Can some recommend a free PDF writer. I'm not sure how often I'll need to
do this -- so I'm not ready to shell out for Adobe.

I know there are some free ones out there -- which do you all find are the
most trouble free to use?

Thanks in advance.

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kathryn Groves

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter

Some folks have recommended www.primopdf.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Kate G." wrote in message
Can some recommend a free PDF writer. I'm not sure how often I'll need to do
this -- so I'm not ready to shell out for Adobe.

I know there are some free ones out there -- which do you all find are the
most trouble free to use?

Thanks in advance.

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kathryn Groves

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Kate G. wrote:
Can some recommend a free PDF writer. I'm not sure how often I'll need to
do this -- so I'm not ready to shell out for Adobe.

I know there are some free ones out there -- which do you all find are the
most trouble free to use?

Thanks in advance.

If you have Word 2007 then there's an MS add-in specifically for this.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Kate G. Kate G. is offline

thanks -- but haven't made the jump to 2007 yet... 2000 and 2003 do
everything I need!

Truth be told.... not sure I want to work hard enough to master the new
interface! LOL

Kate

--

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kathryn Groves

"Gordon" wrote in message
Kate G. wrote:
Can some recommend a free PDF writer. I'm not sure how often I'll need
to do this -- so I'm not ready to shell out for Adobe.

I know there are some free ones out there -- which do you all find are
the most trouble free to use?

Thanks in advance.

If you have Word 2007 then there's an MS add-in specifically for this.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Robert Robert is offline

Hi,
You can try either of these:

CutePDF (http://www.cutepdf.com)
PrimoPDF (http://www.primopdf.com/primopdf_free_idx.aspx)
MagicPDF (http://www.magicpdf.com)

I personally prefer MagicPDF for its no-nonsense interface.

Cheers,
Robert

On Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:33:13 -0400, Kate G. wrote:

Can some recommend a free PDF writer. I'm not sure how often I'll need to
do this -- so I'm not ready to shell out for Adobe.

I know there are some free ones out there -- which do you all find are the
most trouble free to use?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I quite like Primo PDF. Not free but well worth the asking price is SnagIt,
which will not only create PDFs but will do a whole raft of stuff with
graphics that you might use with a Word document or elsewhere.

Kate G. wrote:
Can some recommend a free PDF writer. I'm not sure how often I'll
need to do this -- so I'm not ready to shell out for Adobe.

I know there are some free ones out there -- which do you all find
are the most trouble free to use?

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Ken Goldman Ken Goldman is offline

Kate G. wrote:
Can some recommend a free PDF writer. I'm not sure how often I'll
need to do this -- so I'm not ready to shell out for Adobe.

I know there are some free ones out there -- which do you all find
are the most trouble free to use?

OpenOffice is free and easy to use:

File - Export as PDF
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can't be serious? Installing another Office application just to create
an occasional PDF file? The free PDF utilities like Primo will work with
*any* application that prints, not just Word documents.

Ken Goldman wrote:
Kate G. wrote:
Can some recommend a free PDF writer. I'm not sure how often I'll
need to do this -- so I'm not ready to shell out for Adobe.

I know there are some free ones out there -- which do you all find
are the most trouble free to use?

OpenOffice is free and easy to use:

File - Export as PDF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

That's why I prefer using Primo over the Office 2007 add-in. For me, there's
very little value added in doing a Save As in Office programs when I can do
a File - Print in anything.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

Ken Goldman wrote:
Kate G. wrote:
Can some recommend a free PDF writer. I'm not sure how often I'll
need to do this -- so I'm not ready to shell out for Adobe.

I know there are some free ones out there -- which do you all find
are the most trouble free to use?

OpenOffice is free and easy to use:

File - Export as PDF

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jeff Johnston Jeff Johnston is offline

Just switch to Open Office. Same as Microsoft Office, but free and has PDF
support. And won't kill your docs.

"Kate G." wrote in message
Can some recommend a free PDF writer. I'm not sure how often I'll need to
do this -- so I'm not ready to shell out for Adobe.

I know there are some free ones out there -- which do you all find are the
most trouble free to use?

Thanks in advance.

--

Kathryn Groves