Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mightymouseindahouse mightymouseindahouse is offline

Default Circular text conversion to HTML?

Is there any way to convert the circle of text seen at the URL below
to HTML so that I can make a blog post in that same size and shape of
circle?

ORIGINAL POST

I think the request may be for making the boundaries of an area of
regular text
be circular (like a circular text box). There have been several
questions like
that lately.

You can do it by placing appropriate AutoShapes on both sides of the
text and
setting their text wrapping to Tight. I've posted a document at
http://jay-freedman.info/triangle_text.doc that illustrates making
both
triangular and circular text areas.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

See your post in microsoft.public.word.vba.general
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 20:28:32 -0700 (PDT), mightymouseindahouse
wrote:

Is there any way to convert the circle of text seen at the URL below
to HTML so that I can make a blog post in that same size and shape of
circle?

ORIGINAL POST

I think the request may be for making the boundaries of an area of
regular text
be circular (like a circular text box). There have been several
questions like
that lately.

You can do it by placing appropriate AutoShapes on both sides of the
text and
setting their text wrapping to Tight. I've posted a document at
http://jay-freedman.info/triangle_text.doc that illustrates making
both
triangular and circular text areas.

The simplest way would be to take a screen shot of the text, paste it into a
graphics program such as Paint, and save it as a GIF or JPG file that you can
post.

The only other way I can think might work is to go through the text and press
Enter at the end of each line, to make the line breaks permanent; save the text
without the shapes into a .html file; and add enough &nbsp characters to the
beginning of each line to push it into the correct position. I suspect this
might not work correctly in all browsers.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

What you really need is a draw program that has text manipulation.
Serif has a free draw program. Create your shape, save as a raster. You can also
do what Jay suggests in Publisher and save as a picture to use in a web
environment.
http://www.freeserifsoftware.com/sof...us/default.asp
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP