Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ellen ellen is offline

Default FIle too big to open!

I saved a file on my Free-trial version of Microsoft Word 2007 that contains
a large number of photographs and now am getting a message that the file is
too big to open. Is all my work gone forever?! Is there any way I can open
the file, at least to salvage the text?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

How big is the file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ellen" wrote in message
I saved a file on my Free-trial version of Microsoft Word 2007 that
contains
a large number of photographs and now am getting a message that the file
is
too big to open. Is all my work gone forever?! Is there any way I can
open
the file, at least to salvage the text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ellen ellen is offline

524,287KB

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

How big is the file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ellen" wrote in message
I saved a file on my Free-trial version of Microsoft Word 2007 that
contains
a large number of photographs and now am getting a message that the file
is
too big to open. Is all my work gone forever?! Is there any way I can
open
the file, at least to salvage the text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

That is a TINY document. I think it is more likely that the document is
corrupt. Try the Open and Repair option to see if that works.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"ellen" wrote in message

524,287KB

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

How big is the file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ellen" wrote in message
I saved a file on my Free-trial version of Microsoft Word 2007 that
contains
a large number of photographs and now am getting a message that the
file
is
too big to open. Is all my work gone forever?! Is there any way I can
open
the file, at least to salvage the text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Maybe not TINY, but certainly well within Word's parameters.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
That is a TINY document. I think it is more likely that the document is
corrupt. Try the Open and Repair option to see if that works.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"ellen" wrote in message

524,287KB

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

How big is the file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ellen" wrote in message
I saved a file on my Free-trial version of Microsoft Word 2007 that
contains
a large number of photographs and now am getting a message that the
file
is
too big to open. Is all my work gone forever?! Is there any way I
can
open
the file, at least to salvage the text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Okay..........how old is your computer?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ellen" wrote in message

524,287KB

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

How big is the file?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"ellen" wrote in message
I saved a file on my Free-trial version of Microsoft Word 2007 that
contains
a large number of photographs and now am getting a message that the
file
is
too big to open. Is all my work gone forever?! Is there any way I can
open
the file, at least to salvage the text?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

It has 'a large number of photographs', so I believe 'tiny' is a good
description unless all the photos are B&W and miniscule postage stamp size.

Terry
..
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Maybe not TINY, but certainly well within Word's parameters.

"Terry Farrell" wrote in message
That is a TINY document. I think it is more likely that the document is
corrupt. Try the Open and Repair option to see if that works.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"ellen" wrote in message

524,287KB