Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Default Gaps closing when printing etc.

Hi again all

Word 2000. Have just struck an odd problem which has never happened before .
In a document I have an ellipsis ... (like 3 full points) and in another
couple of places an em-dash (long dash) with two surrounding spaces. These
show OK on the screen but when printed a) the ellipsis is reduced to one
full point (spoiling the syntax completely) and the surrounding spaces to
the em-dashes are removed (presenting the work in a less readable manner).
The version on the screen remains OK. Any ideas? And before someone asks, no
I don't have Norton's! G

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi aalaan

My first port of call would be the website of the manufacturer of your
printer, to download the latest version of the driver for your combination
of Windows and printer.

And, check to see if it happens if you use a different font.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"aalaan" wrote in message
Hi again all

Word 2000. Have just struck an odd problem which has never happened before
. In a document I have an ellipsis ... (like 3 full points) and in another
couple of places an em-dash (long dash) with two surrounding spaces. These
show OK on the screen but when printed a) the ellipsis is reduced to one
full point (spoiling the syntax completely) and the surrounding spaces to
the em-dashes are removed (presenting the work in a less readable manner).
The version on the screen remains OK. Any ideas? And before someone asks,
no I don't have Norton's! G

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aalaan aalaan is offline

Hi Shauna

But it only happens printing that particular document! It's never happened
before and I've just tested it now with another document, and that's OK. Any
other ideas?

.. .

"aalaan" wrote in message
Hi again all

Word 2000. Have just struck an odd problem which has never happened
before . In a document I have an ellipsis ... (like 3 full points) and in
another couple of places an em-dash (long dash) with two surrounding
spaces. These show OK on the screen but when printed a) the ellipsis is
reduced to one full point (spoiling the syntax completely) and the
surrounding spaces to the em-dashes are removed (presenting the work in a
less readable manner). The version on the screen remains OK. Any ideas?
And before someone asks, no I don't have Norton's! G

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Aalaan

If it is just that one document, it suggests a corruption. Try one of the
usual tricks (such as saving in HTM) and see if it resolves it.

Terry