Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
M Skabialka M Skabialka is offline

Default Panel on right listing docs now missing

Usually when I open Word 2003 there is a panel to the right which lists my
recently opened documents. The same list of file names shows up under File
Open in the main menu but you can see more detail in the panel.

Today this panel is gone in Word, but still there in Excel. It says
'Getting Started' at the top, then 'Open' half way down where the files are
listed.

How can I get it back in Word? It doesn't seem to be under View - Toolbar,
it isn't View - Taskpane...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Most people got rid of that task pane as a priority. You can however control
it http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm

M Skabialka wrote:
Usually when I open Word 2003 there is a panel to the right which
lists my recently opened documents. The same list of file names
shows up under File
Open in the main menu but you can see more detail in the panel.

Today this panel is gone in Word, but still there in Excel. It says
'Getting Started' at the top, then 'Open' half way down where the
files are listed.

How can I get it back in Word? It doesn't seem to be under View -
Toolbar, it isn't View - Taskpane...

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
M Skabialka M Skabialka is offline

I need an add-in to put something back that was there until today?

I rebooted the PC, then in Word tried View, Task Pane again and I have it
back. It's usefulness is that I use long names for my documents, and might
have a series of them. e.g. "220-301 A Core Hardware Exam Part 1.doc",
"220-301 A Core Hardware Exam Part 2.doc", etc. Under File on the toolbar,
all I see is ""220-301 A Core Hardware Exam P...", but in the panel I see
the whole name.

I close the panel after I open the file, but am not sure why the panel
wasn't there today when I first opened Word, as it is checked under options
to be there on startup.

Thanks anyway,
Mich