Spider1999

Default Saving Label Layouts?

I frequently print single file folder labels (Avery 8166).
I like to use Times New Roman 14pt bold centered, instead
of the Times New Roman 12pt regular left that the standard
label template provided by Word. But I having to reformat
every label with seven or eight steps to have the font and
centering I like. Is there a way to save the layout so I
can go back and create single labels in my layout without
having to go through all those steps each time?
TF

Use Tools, Envelopes and Label, select the label and then click on the Add
To Document button. You now have an empty page of labels - which is really
nothing more than a pre-formatted table. Select the table and now make all
the changes to paragraph and font selection. Finally, save this empty
table/form as a template - say15x2.dot. Next time you want the label, simply
use File, New and open a document from the template.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Spider1999" wrote in message
:I frequently print single file folder labels (Avery 8166).
: I like to use Times New Roman 14pt bold centered, instead
: of the Times New Roman 12pt regular left that the standard
: label template provided by Word. But I having to reformat
: every label with seven or eight steps to have the font and
: centering I like. Is there a way to save the layout so I
: can go back and create single labels in my layout without
: having to go through all those steps each time?

TF

Oops! Yes, I was remembering the Envelope option rather than the Label
option.

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: "New Document" rather than "Add to Document" (which is on the Envelopes
: tab).
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
[...]

How can I add one label in a word label program? AZHawkeyefan Microsoft Word Help 1 January 27th 05 02:50 AM
Label Template ll Microsoft Word Help 1 December 20th 04 05:05 PM
label does not fit on one page! Attila Microsoft Word Help 8 December 7th 04 03:55 PM
How to change mailing label size in existing label document GrannyAnn Microsoft Word Help 1 December 2nd 04 05:12 PM
I want to print a single label and I have already used the label s Lyn M Microsoft Word Help 1 November 24th 04 04:39 PM