specialyooper

Default Word 2003 spell checker doesn't check

Have gone through tools, options, spelling & grammer tab cannot be
highlighted on clicked on. It seems as if something else is overriding
procedure as I can click on all other highlighted tabs on that page.
Spelling & grammer tab never becomes highlighted. Any suggestions?
Bob Buckland ?:-\)

If you're in a corporate environment it's
possible that the folks who setup the installation
of Word have set some lockdown settings.

If it's a standalone computer check the MS Word/Office
listing in Add/Remove Progrms in the Windows control
panel to see if the proofing tools have been installed.
If so, you may want to run a repair/reinstall of Word

=======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Office 2003 Editions explained
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/editions.mspx

specialyooper

Thanks bob. I have done completed all suggestions, other than the reinstall
with no success. Don't know how complicated it will be for a reinstall as I
will have to take it off of the CD which came with computer. Appreciate any
and all assistance.