Iceman

Default Macros messed up paragraph?

Hello, group

Using Word97.

I was using macro keys to insert letters in a different font. Suddenly the
word turned red, then green, was underscored, struck through. I can't delete
the word, nor the paragraph, AAMOF I can't edit the whole document. A border
appears in the left margin of the paragraph.

My question is: 1) Was this caused by a "macro virus", and 2) How can this
be fixed, so I don't have to start typing from the beginning.

Thanks

Charles Kenyon

You have track changes turned on. The letters TRK are in black in the status
bar at the bottom of your screen in this document. First, turn this off.

Then go to the Reviewing Toolbar (it should be displayed, if not, get it
showing under View Toolbars) and on the button for accepting change, click
on the little down-triangle at the right of the button and tell Word to
Accept All.

Chances are you double-clicked on the TRK at some point by mistake or your
received the document from someone else with track changes turned on.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Iceman" wrote in message
Hello, group

Using Word97.

I was using macro keys to insert letters in a different font. Suddenly the
word turned red, then green, was underscored, struck through. I can't
delete
the word, nor the paragraph, AAMOF I can't edit the whole document. A
border
appears in the left margin of the paragraph.

My question is: 1) Was this caused by a "macro virus", and 2) How can this
be fixed, so I don't have to start typing from the beginning.

Thanks

Jay Freedman

Iceman wrote:
Hello, group

Using Word97.

I was using macro keys to insert letters in a different font.
Suddenly the word turned red, then green, was underscored, struck
through. I can't delete the word, nor the paragraph, AAMOF I can't
edit the whole document. A border appears in the left margin of the
paragraph.

My question is: 1) Was this caused by a "macro virus", and 2) How can
this be fixed, so I don't have to start typing from the beginning.

Thanks

Don't be so paranoid!

You have Track Changes turned on. All those colors, strikethrough, and
underlines are indications of things being edited.

Go into Tools Track Changes and turn it off. Then use the Accept All
button on the Reviewing toolbar (which you may have to display through the
View Toolbars menu).

When you say "macro keys", that isn't a term that Word uses for anything.
What are you talking about? AutoText entries? or real macros (from Tools
Macro Macros) that were assigned to shortcut keys?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Iceman