nadia

Default in word the when i open new document it's not blank it is with so.

well i just have office XP and in the winword when i open new document it
gives me a text that i already wrote and saved and i think that it has been
saved as a default new document the same thing for the new web document..
i want when i open new document to be blank....i removed office from the
computerand reinstall it and i still have the same problem....please help me.
Pat Garard

G'Day Nadia,

You have somehow saved some unwanted text into your
NORMAL template.

Please see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...ocNotBlank.htm
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"nadia" wrote in message
well i just have office XP and in the winword when i open new document it
gives me a text that i already wrote and saved and i think that it has
been
saved as a default new document the same thing for the new web document..
i want when i open new document to be blank....i removed office from the
computerand reinstall it and i still have the same problem....please help
me.

Jim

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 15:39:02 -0800, "nadia"
wrote:

well i just have office XP and in the winword when i open new document it
gives me a text that i already wrote and saved and i think that it has been
saved as a default new document the same thing for the new web document..
i want when i open new document to be blank....i removed office from the
computerand reinstall it and i still have the same problem....please help me.

Just run a search for normal.dot and delete it. Next time you start
Word, you should get an empty document.

Blessed be, for sure...
TF

That's not the way to do it. Under most circumstances you should not delete
your normal.dot because you lose all your customisations that are saved in
normal.dot. Renaming normal.dot to something like normal.bad or normal.old
is suffice which allows the user to use the Organiser to copy back any
customisations.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

: wrote:
:
: well i just have office XP and in the winword when i open new document
it
: gives me a text that i already wrote and saved and i think that it has
been
: saved as a default new document the same thing for the new web document..
: i want when i open new document to be blank....i removed office from the
: computerand reinstall it and i still have the same problem....please help
me.
:
: Just run a search for normal.dot and delete it. Next time you start
: Word, you should get an empty document.
:
: Blessed be, for sure...

Open with... does not include Word Flip Microsoft Word Help 14 March 9th 05 02:35 PM
Non .doc files Tino New Users 12 March 9th 05 09:43 AM
word 97 - document opens every time I open word shirley Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 01:04 AM
In typing dates in Word, i.e. "January 12" how do you keep the "1. Carol Microsoft Word Help 2 January 12th 05 08:09 PM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM