Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hrdwa hrdwa is offline

Default automatically extract footnotes into new file and €¦

I need to import .docs (or possibly .docx) into InDesign. Footnotes need to
be a seperate file, footnote numbers in main text need to have a specific
character style applied to them. I can't ask the authors to sett up two
seperate files, they will deliver standard texts with the app's footnotes
function used. What I'm looking for is a way to automatically split this
standard file into two, one containing the main text, ideally with all the
footnote numbers getting a specifyable character style applied to them (but
if that's not possible, it would suffice to have them remain where they were
and apply this c.s. manually), the other containing the footnotes, equally
with the numbers kept and ideally with a second c.s. applied to them.

If there would be any way, and array of scripts or whatever to achieve this?
That would be of great great help. Thanks a lot in advance.