Ron

Default Mail Merge Errors1 document created after merge

When I create a mail merge document I get the following error:

Word found locked fields during the update. Word cannot update locked fields.

as a second Word document (Mail merge Errors1.doc). The template file is a
label sheet where six records can appear. The merged document merges
correctly but I always get this error. It doesn' matter whether I have one
record or six records. I tried looking up this error in the knowledge base
and it found no matches.

Any suggestions?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?Um9u?=,

When I create a mail merge document I get the following error:

Word found locked fields during the update. Word cannot update locked fields.

as a second Word document (Mail merge Errors1.doc). The template file is a
label sheet where six records can appear. The merged document merges
correctly but I always get this error. It doesn' matter whether I have one
record or six records. I tried looking up this error in the knowledge base
and it found no matches.

Version of Word involved?

If you Ctrl+A, Ctrl+Shift+F11, that would unlock any locked fields in the body
of the document (I'm assuming there are no headers or footers, drawing objects,
etc). Does that make any difference?

If not, how about creating a new label template from scratch? Do you still see
the problem? If not, then there's a good chance that original label template has
been damaged.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org