Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
mmaphq mmaphq is offline

Default linked objects

We have 2 doc's with the same 2 linked objects. One doc updates from the
links & one does not. I have looked @ the properties of both doc's & can
find nothing significant IMHO. Went to edit & then links. It shows the same
2 links & when I show source they both show the same source. When I update
one doc updates & one doesn't. Anyone got any ideas? TIA

--
_________
MMAP HQ

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

The problem may be that the linked object is _locked_ in one document and not
in the other. Note that a linked object is a field €“ and locked fields are
not updated.

To lock a field, click the field (the object) and press Ctrl+F11.
To unlock a field, click the field (the object) and press Ctrl+Shift+F11.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg