Paul

Default Word 2000 error 'Out of memory'

Hi, We are getting out of memory error from some users
when copying and pasting text and images from web pages.
We have Dells with lots of memory running on Win Xp SP2.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul
Dian D. Chapman, MVP

See this article for info...

Maintaining your computer
http://www.mousetrax.com/maintain.html

If that doesn't help, you can find more suggestions in this TechTrax
article...

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...sp?ID=507#info

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman, Technical Consultant
Microsoft MVP, MOS Certified
Editor/TechTrax Ezine

Free MS Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 02:35:56 -0800, "Paul"
wrote:

Hi, We are getting out of memory error from some users
when copying and pasting text and images from web pages.
We have Dells with lots of memory running on Win Xp SP2.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

Paul

Thanks. This happens with some students. Have confirmed
not virus, have deleted normal.dot file from profile still
no change.
Opening Docs in word pad bypasses issue.
Cheers

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/P...PMArticle.asp?

wrote:

Hi, We are getting out of memory error from some users
when copying and pasting text and images from web pages.
We have Dells with lots of memory running on Win Xp SP2.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

.

TF

Paul

What happens when they Copy and use Edit, Paste Special, Unformatted Text.
Does that work?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: wrote:
:
: Hi, We are getting out of memory error from some users
: when copying and pasting text and images from web pages.
: We have Dells with lots of memory running on Win Xp SP2.
: Any thoughts will be appreciated.
: Thanks
: Paul
: