Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
si_monette si_monette is offline

Default How do I insert a Philippine peso sign in Word?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/General/InsertSpecChars.htm. Although the
symbol is U+20B1, you won't find this symbol even in Arial Unicode MS.
According to Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philippine_peso), "Due
to the lack of font support, the symbol is often substituted with a simple
P, a P with one horizontal line instead of two (available as the peseta
sign, U+20A7 (‚§), in some fonts), PHP, or PhP."

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You could either use a graphic eg
http://www.ratesfx.com/resources/sym...-peso-sign.png
or you could create the character with EQ fields and to overlay and position
P=. Whichever you use create a formatted autocorrect character entry for
(say) =P

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Don Ellis[_2_] Don Ellis[_2_] is offline

You'll need a Unicode typeface that supports the Unicode 20B1
character, which is rare. An alternative is the Unicode 20A7 character
which is slightly more common.

To see if your typeface has it, type 20B1 and then, without spacing,
Alt-X. Then do the same with 20A7 and see if that works.

I didn't get the 20B1 to work, but the 20A7 did (producing a Pts sort
of thing) that often flipped to a different font than the one I was
using -- producing something that was less than attractive.

You may want to consider sticking with the ISO Code PHP or PhP.

Don

P.S. In both those codes, that's a zero after the 2, not a capital O.

On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 20:00:01 -0700, si_monette