Dadrocks

Default Cant change line spacing!

From a contact in outlook, I choose Actions, letter I choose actions, New
letter to contact, then word pops up and I click finish because I only need
the address of the contact in a word doc. BUT, the line spacing says "single
spacing" but it's close to 2 inches and the address takes up the whole page!
HELP? I was fiddling with formats and tools and all kinds of crap and think
I've only made things worse trying to "fix" the problem.
Carol

Check your page setup. File | Page Setup | Layout and make sure that it says
top. In the future, perhaps you should just put the Outlook address book on
your toolbar in Word and select your contact that way. I hope this has been
helpful to you.

"Dadrocks" wrote:

From a contact in outlook, I choose Actions, letter I choose actions, New
letter to contact, then word pops up and I click finish because I only need
the address of the contact in a word doc. BUT, the line spacing says "single
spacing" but it's close to 2 inches and the address takes up the whole page!
HELP? I was fiddling with formats and tools and all kinds of crap and think
I've only made things worse trying to "fix" the problem.

Carol

Hi Dad:

Glad that solution worked for you! To put the Outlook address book on your
toolbar, do this:

Tools | Customize | on the right-hand side highlight Insert and on the
left-hand side scroll down until you see the address book, then drag it up to
your toolbar. It's as simple as that! Glad I could help you out.

"Carol" wrote:

Check your page setup. File | Page Setup | Layout and make sure that it says
top. In the future, perhaps you should just put the Outlook address book on
your toolbar in Word and select your contact that way. I hope this has been
helpful to you.

"Dadrocks" wrote:

From a contact in outlook, I choose Actions, letter I choose actions, New
letter to contact, then word pops up and I click finish because I only need
the address of the contact in a word doc. BUT, the line spacing says "single
spacing" but it's close to 2 inches and the address takes up the whole page!
HELP? I was fiddling with formats and tools and all kinds of crap and think
I've only made things worse trying to "fix" the problem.

Dadrocks

Ugh. I can't get this. I went to "Tools", Customize on WORD I opened word
and I get the following:

a "Toolbars" tab, a Command tab and an "options" tab. I don't see anything
the

So, I open Outlook and Tools and customize and i get the same tabs and all
that is to the right of each (in both) are "new" and "reset" . I don't see
'insert" anywhere. and thus...

I'm s h t u c k. :-) Thanks for tryin...I'm quite the novice here...

"Carol" wrote:

Check your page setup. File | Page Setup | Layout and make sure that it says
top. In the future, perhaps you should just put the Outlook address book on
your toolbar in Word and select your contact that way. I hope this has been
helpful to you.

"Dadrocks" wrote:

From a contact in outlook, I choose Actions, letter I choose actions, New
letter to contact, then word pops up and I click finish because I only need
the address of the contact in a word doc. BUT, the line spacing says "single
spacing" but it's close to 2 inches and the address takes up the whole page!
HELP? I was fiddling with formats and tools and all kinds of crap and think
I've only made things worse trying to "fix" the problem.

Carol

Ok, let's take it from the top here.

In word, click on Tools and Customize.

Click on the Commands Tab

On the left hand side, highlight Insert

On the right hand side, scroll down until you see the Address book.

Place your cusror on the address book and click and drag it up to your
toolbar in Word and drop it there.

You can do this! I have faith in you. Let me know how you make out.

"Carol" wrote:

Check your page setup. File | Page Setup | Layout and make sure that it says
top. In the future, perhaps you should just put the Outlook address book on
your toolbar in Word and select your contact that way. I hope this has been
helpful to you.

"Dadrocks" wrote:

From a contact in outlook, I choose Actions, letter I choose actions, New
letter to contact, then word pops up and I click finish because I only need
the address of the contact in a word doc. BUT, the line spacing says "single
spacing" but it's close to 2 inches and the address takes up the whole page!
HELP? I was fiddling with formats and tools and all kinds of crap and think
I've only made things worse trying to "fix" the problem.

Dadrocks

Thats what I needed! The ole "take it from the top".

Thanks, very handy shtuff. I could really use to learn a lot within the
worlds of outlook and word and microsoft office as a whole.

Thanks again Carol. Very helpful.

"Carol" wrote:

Check your page setup. File | Page Setup | Layout and make sure that it says
top. In the future, perhaps you should just put the Outlook address book on
your toolbar in Word and select your contact that way. I hope this has been
helpful to you.

"Dadrocks" wrote:

From a contact in outlook, I choose Actions, letter I choose actions, New
letter to contact, then word pops up and I click finish because I only need
the address of the contact in a word doc. BUT, the line spacing says "single
spacing" but it's close to 2 inches and the address takes up the whole page!
HELP? I was fiddling with formats and tools and all kinds of crap and think
I've only made things worse trying to "fix" the problem.

Dadrocks

Well thanks Carol. I am quite a ways from being a "power user" but, I am
certainly curious, and need courage beyond my own strength to stare down
lifes more serious challenges, as I consider the peril of folks JUST LIKE
US...without homes, without family, that may have struggled to live, but
breathed their last just days ago...or even now.

I would be interested in knowing Carol, if you could offer me one additional
piece of advice:

I've added the address book, and when I add the contact information, it
EXCLUDES the contacts Title and Company. If there were a way to have this
included when I add a contact address from the address book on my word
toolbar...it would be very kewl. Thanks.
dadrocks

I offer you my email for future contact if interested, Man...life is a wild
ride sometimes...I feel for the people in Louisiana...I really do.

Kinda obvious I suspect. Ok. Here ya go:

"Carol" wrote:

Check your page setup. File | Page Setup | Layout and make sure that it says
top. In the future, perhaps you should just put the Outlook address book on
your toolbar in Word and select your contact that way. I hope this has been
helpful to you.

"Dadrocks" wrote:

From a contact in outlook, I choose Actions, letter I choose actions, New
letter to contact, then word pops up and I click finish because I only need
the address of the contact in a word doc. BUT, the line spacing says "single
spacing" but it's close to 2 inches and the address takes up the whole page!
HELP? I was fiddling with formats and tools and all kinds of crap and think
I've only made things worse trying to "fix" the problem.

Dadrocks

Thanks Susan,

I am a little confused regarding the instructions here because after I typed
in a new word doc the autotext info as shown, I clicked on insert, autotext,
BUT...the "new" was unable to be clicked on...it was there, but it was shaded
so that I could not use it..

Any further suggestions? I also hit "enter" on my keyboard as it seemed to
instruct.

Thanks.

"Carol" wrote:

Check your page setup. File | Page Setup | Layout and make

sure that it says
top. In the future, perhaps you should just put the

Outlook address book on
your toolbar in Word and select your contact that way. I

hope this has been
helpful to you.

"Dadrocks" wrote:

From a contact in outlook, I choose Actions, letter I

choose actions, New
letter to contact, then word pops up and I click finish

because I only need
the address of the contact in a word doc. BUT, the line

spacing says "single
spacing" but it's close to 2 inches and the address takes

up the whole page!
HELP? I was fiddling with formats and tools and all kinds

of crap and think
I've only made things worse trying to "fix" the problem.

Did you have the AutoText entry selected when you went to Insert | AutoText
| AutoText? Note, too, that if you want to save the entry in Normal.dot, you
don't have to use this route; you can just press Alt+F3 and type the entry
name.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

See €œWD97: How to Modify the Layout of an Address Book Entry€
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=134901

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Carol" wrote:

Check your page setup. File | Page Setup | Layout and

make
sure that it says
top. In the future, perhaps you should just put the

Outlook address book on
your toolbar in Word and select your contact that way.

hope this has been
helpful to you.

"Dadrocks" wrote:

From a contact in outlook, I choose Actions, letter I