How do I get rid of that extra page after my custom envelope?

Old December 15th 04, 06:21 PM
WordProc

Default How do I get rid of that extra page after my custom envelope?

I have created a custom-sized envelope for a mail merge and it works
beautifully except for one thing: after each envelope is a blank 8.5 x 11
page.

The merge envelope, when created, comes out with a "next page section break"
at the top. If I delete that, all the formatting gets deleted for the
envelope.

Please help! All I want to do is merge our data source with custom envelopes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old December 18th 04, 05:47 PM
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi =?Utf-8?B?V29yZFByb2M=?=,

I have created a custom-sized envelope for a mail merge and it works
beautifully except for one thing: after each envelope is a blank 8.5 x 11
page.

The merge envelope, when created, comes out with a "next page section break"
at the top. If I delete that, all the formatting gets deleted for the
envelope.

Unfortunately, you don't mention which version of Word you're using, so I can't
give you step-by-step instructions. It sounds like you're using the
"Tools/Envelope" dialog box to insert the envelope. Instead, you should choose
an Envelope type of mail merge (instead of "Form letter"). This will help you
set up the current document to be the envelope, with no extra page.

The other choice would be to set the Envelope as your paper size.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Can you print an extra page based on a flag within a Word doc? I Am Cdn Microsoft Word Help 1 January 18th 05 10:14 PM
Custom page sizes credo Page Layout 1 January 16th 05 07:48 PM
how do i delete a extra blank page in my Word document. It keeps . Waterinstructor1 Page Layout 4 January 12th 05 12:16 AM
Extra page, paragraph marker Jen Microsoft Word Help 3 December 28th 04 05:21 PM
Odd page section break Jenny Page Layout 5 December 15th 04 09:05 AM