Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
johnfog johnfog is offline

Default Larger than life print layout view

For years my Word page in view/print layout was a real size 8.5". The other
day, after an update mandated rebooting, everything on my screen display
became larger and fuzzier, and my Word page enlarged to about 10.5". The
display still runs at 1024 x 768 @ 60 hz and at 96 DPI. What happened and how
do I fix it? Help.
Thank you.
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
johnfog johnfog is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has your Zoom ratio changed?

What is the zoom ratio and where do I find it? It is not in Word Help or in
the online knowledge base.

John

"johnfog" wrote in message
For years my Word page in view/print layout was a real size 8.5". The

other
day, after an update mandated rebooting, everything on my screen display
became larger and fuzzier, and my Word page enlarged to about 10.5". The
display still runs at 1024 x 768 @ 60 hz and at 96 DPI. What happened and

how
do I fix it? Help.
Thank you.
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

View | Zoom or click the arrow next to the Zoom box on the Standard toolbar.

"johnfog" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has your Zoom ratio changed?

What is the zoom ratio and where do I find it? It is not in Word Help or

in
the online knowledge base.

John

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"johnfog" wrote in message
For years my Word page in view/print layout was a real size 8.5". The

other
day, after an update mandated rebooting, everything on my screen

display
became larger and fuzzier, and my Word page enlarged to about 10.5".

The
display still runs at 1024 x 768 @ 60 hz and at 96 DPI. What happened

and
how
do I fix it? Help.
Thank you.
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
johnfog johnfog is offline

Oh that. It has not changed - it remains at 100%. Now what?

Again thank you for hanging in there with me.

John

"johnfog" wrote in message
For years my Word page in view/print layout was a real size 8.5". The
other
day, after an update mandated rebooting, everything on my screen

display
became larger and fuzzier, and my Word page enlarged to about 10.5".

The
display still runs at 1024 x 768 @ 60 hz and at 96 DPI. What happened

and
how
do I fix it? Help.
Thank you.
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
johnfog johnfog is offline

Definitely not in safe mode. The display is normal, except text is larger
and icons are a little fuzzy and the word page is larger. Otherwise the
machine is as usual. I have checked a variety of settings, options, etc. and
find nothing changed. Obviously I am missing something.

John

"johnfog" wrote in message
For years my Word page in view/print layout was a real size 8.5".

The
other
day, after an update mandated rebooting, everything on my screen
display
became larger and fuzzier, and my Word page enlarged to about

10.5".
The
display still runs at 1024 x 768 @ 60 hz and at 96 DPI. What

happened
and
how
do I fix it? Help.
Thank you.
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Impossible to troubleshoot from a distance, but I'll keep trying! Is the
problem evident only in Word or has it affected your display generally? Does
changing to a lower Zoom in Word help? Is there a chance you've enabled any
of the Accessibility Options in Windows Control Panel? If this is a CRT
monitor, have you enabled ClearType (which is intended for LCD monitors and
actually degrades CRT display)?

"johnfog" wrote in message
For years my Word page in view/print layout was a real size

8.5".
The
other
day, after an update mandated rebooting, everything on my

screen
display
became larger and fuzzier, and my Word page enlarged to about

10.5".
The
display still runs at 1024 x 768 @ 60 hz and at 96 DPI. What

happened
and
how
do I fix it? Help.
Thank you.
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
johnfog johnfog is offline

It has affected the works geberally. I opened an Excel spreadsheet done in
Arial 10 popint and the type facewas large for Arial 10. Changing to a lower
zoom shrinks what is on the screen. I checked the accessibility Options and
did notice anything awry. I changed from high contrasr blacl large to windows
standard which may have helped with the slight fuzziness only. In
Display/monitor it displays the correct monitor DellM991. Where do I find the
clear type option?

John

"johnfog" wrote in message
For years my Word page in view/print layout was a real size

8.5".
The
other
day, after an update mandated rebooting, everything on my

screen
display
became larger and fuzzier, and my Word page enlarged to about
10.5".
The
display still runs at 1024 x 768 @ 60 hz and at 96 DPI. What
happened
and
how
do I fix it? Help.
Thank you.
John

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I would think that the Accessibility setting would definitely have been a
factor. I can't find anything about Clear Type on my Windows 2000 machine,
so I can't help there (and you may not have the option, either). I'd say
just look at every setting on every tab of the Display Properties dialog.

"johnfog" wrote in message

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Has your Zoom ratio changed?

What is the zoom ratio and where do I find it? It is not in

Word
Help
or
in
the online knowledge base.

John

Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to

the
newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"johnfog" wrote in