Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gail[_2_] Gail[_2_] is offline

Default Tbl of figures/Captions

Using Word2000 - two of my many photo's attached to people in the document
all have captions "attached" to the photo (if that's correct terminology). I
can create a Table of Figures for these people. The two photo's that I
cannot seem to add have captions but they are "below and separate" from the
photo. The difference is that I can create a border around the ones that
have the caption "attached" to the photo. I accomplished this by right
cliking the photo and a context sensitive menu offered me the "caption"
option. For the two that causing me grief I did not get the context
sensitive menu when I right clicked the photo. The only way I could even get
a caption was by using the main menu Insert | Caption command.

Why the difference? and Why can't I get the context sensitive option on the
two photo's? How can i do for the two what I did for the many so I can
update the Table of Figures and include ALL the photos?

The help menu's did not enlighten me on what procedures to take for the
apparent different situations

thanks
--
Thank you for your help
Gail
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

It sounds to me as if the problem could be that the pictures (photos) have
different wrapping styles. Pictures can be inline (in the text layer) or
floating (in the drawing layer) of the document.

Note that you can see on the selection handles of a picture whether it is
inline or floating. An inline picture shows filled, square selection handles.
A floating picture shows white circular selection handles.

You can change the wrapping style of a picture via the "Layout" tab of the
Format Picture dialog box (right-click the picture and select Format Picture).

My guess is that all your pictures except the two that act differently are
"In line with text" (i.e. in the text layer of the document) whereas the two
have another wrapping style which means that they are in the drawing layer of
the document - and their captions may be in text boxes. If that is correct,
change the wrapping style of the two pictures to "In line with text". Delete
the caption text boxes and insert new captions.

For more details, see this article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/DrwGrphcs/DrawLayer.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg

"Gail" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Gail[_2_] Gail[_2_] is offline

thanks again for your specific responses and guide
--
Thank you for your help
Gail

"Gail" wrote:

[...]

keep figures and captions together Khoshravan Microsoft Word Help 11 March 11th 08 07:26 PM
figures and captions Rob Page Layout 1 March 24th 06 03:34 AM
mis numbering captions (figures only) Kayos Microsoft Word Help 2 October 2nd 05 04:19 PM
Using captions to create a list of figures in the TOC Mary Lee Page Layout 2 April 15th 05 07:03 PM
captions for figures and Tables Erin Bryant Microsoft Word Help 0 February 18th 05 01:35 AM