Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sally Beauchamp Sally Beauchamp is offline

Default How can I do a diagonal strikethrough

I need to add a diagonal line on some text. Drawing them is a nightmare as
they seem to be different lengths/sizes and it's so fiddly. What would be
ideal is a diagonal strikethrough. Someone's advice would be very much
welcome as I'm getting desperate!
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How can I do a diagonal strikethrough

Adding a diagonal strikethrough in Microsoft Word
  1. Highlight the text that you want to add the diagonal strikethrough to.
  2. Click on the "Font" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. Click on the "Strikethrough" button.
  4. In the drop-down menu that appears, select "More Strikethrough Options".
  5. In the "Font" tab of the "Font" dialog box that appears, select "Strikethrough" from the "Effects" section.
  6. In the "Preview" section of the dialog box, you should see a diagonal line through your text. Adjust the angle and thickness of the line using the options provided until you are happy with the result.
  7. Click "OK" to apply the diagonal strikethrough to your text.

That's it! You should now have a diagonal strikethrough on your text without having to draw it manually.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Exactly what do you mean by adding "a diagonal line on some text"? Do you
want a diagonal line through each letter, each word, or through an entire
paragraph of text?

Drawing individual lines through each letter or word will be tough, but
drawing a diagonal line through an entire paragraph is easy -- at least it is
in Word 2003. All you need to do is create a table as wide as your column of
text, set the cell margins at 0.0", place each paragraph that needs a
diagonal line in a separate cell of the table, use Format - Borders and
Shading to delete all the outside cell borders, and then select a diagonal
line as a "border" for the cell.

I'm not sure exactly what the commands would be in Word 2007, but I suspect
the logic will be the same.

Diagonal Cells Lesley1953 Tables 1 October 20th 09 03:13 PM
Can I strike words by diagonal (not only "strikethrough") ? Konstantin Microsoft Word Help 2 March 30th 07 10:08 AM
Diagonal columns Diagonal Columns Tables 2 September 13th 06 10:33 PM
diagonal text Rere Tables 4 January 18th 06 03:54 PM
First row tabel diagonal Uli Tables 3 August 4th 05 09:42 AM